Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Off to GLGDW

Friday morning I head for Milwaukee (my flight leaves bright and early at 6 am) to join 100 attendees and 10 speakers at the Great Lakes Great Database Workshop. This was always the best VFP conference and while this year's has a very different format, it promises to live up to its "great" monikor.

I'm especially interested in hearing Rick Schummer's session on "Best Practices for Error Handling and Reporting" and Rick Borup's session on "Best Practices for Deployment", two topics that are near and dear to my development heart.

I'm a little nervous about my "Best Practices for Vertical Application Development" because it's quite a departure from my usual code-rich sessions. This one is almost all "here's how I do things" with lots of explanation and demos with a real application, but almost no code shown.

No comments: