Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Off to Southwest Fox

I'm headed to Phoenix tomorrow for the third annual Southwest Fox conference. If previous years are any indication, this will be a great conference. All the sessions sound really interesting, but the ones I'm most looking forward to seeing are:

  • Automating the Build by Rick Borup: Rick's sessions are always very detailed and thought-provoking, and this one sounds like a dandy.

  • Creating Custom Report Controls and Customizing the Report Designer by Bo Durban: long title not withstanding :), I haven't heard Bo speak before and this is a topic near and dear to my heart.

  • The Security Cookbook and Crashing VFP and Preventing Crashes by Christof Wollenhaupt: I've known Christof a long time but haven't heard him speak before, and given that his knowledge of the internals of VFP is probably deeper than anyone outside Microsoft, these are must-see sessions.

  • From Procedure to Component by Nancy Folsom: Nancy's session on refactoring at GLGDW earlier this year (which I believe she's also doing a version of here) was great, and this one sounds like it'll be very interesting as well.

No comments: